Hi everyone, I hope you are all fine by God’S grace.
Today we are continuing our two-parts series on love. To read part one of this series, please follow this link https://missionforjesus.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/love-part-1/.
In this part two, we shall focus on loving oneself.
As reference point, we are still going to use 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 KJV as we browse through some questions to evaluate our self love.
1.Charity suffereth long;am I patient with myself? Or do I blame myself for every mistake, never believe in myself and feel defeated all the time?
2. Love is kind; do I know how to be kind to myself? Do kind things just for myself? Care for myself? Or do I feel like I don’t deserve it?
3. Love envieth not;Do I hate myself so much that what I have I don’t notice and I don’t want? Or do I accept myself as God created me, and do I value all that God offers to me?
4. Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,: Do I have such a low self esteem that I need to brag around and belittle others just to feel high? Or at least to make them feel as low as I feel? Or do I humbly rejoice in who I am and who people are?
5.Love doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own: Am I so worried about me that I am self absorbed just because actually I crave for attention or affection, or because I just don’t love myself? Or do I love myself enough so that my mind is free to love and care for others?
6. Love is not easily provoked: Am I offended and irritated by everything? Even irritated by my own self? Am I so bad in my shoes that any single event hurts me so bad that I have to push it on others? Or have I learned to lovingly not consider certain things as a direct offense?
7. Love thinketh no evil;Do I ever think of anything good about myself? Or do I just hate so much everything about me that in my mind my thoughts about myself are poisonous, and reflect in my words about myself? Or do I compassionately love myself and give myself second chances?
8. Love rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Do I sometimes wish myself evil? Maybe because I have no more hope? Or do I move forward in God’S truth, even after I stumbled?
9.Love beareth all things,:Can I stand myself and accept myself as I am, as God created me? Or do I sincerely believe in my heart that I am unbearable?
10.Love believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.: Do I believe in myself? Do I trust that God has put potential in me? Do I start a task praying for success or lamenting for anticipated failure?
Dear reader, if you can love yourself, if you can just accept yourself as you are and stop feeling ashamed for your physical appearance, character traits, strengths and weaknesses, if you try to love yourself and see yourself as God does, your heart and mind shall be totally free to love your neighbors the same way.
Whereas, if you live in bitterness, hatred and resentment towards your own self, you will naturally hate and envy others, you won’t even realise how but you will, because you just can’t give them love since you don’t even know what it feels like to love and to be loved.
Matthew 19:19b KJV
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Eternal Lord King of glory, help me love and accept myself as You do, so that I may love my neighbor as myself, in Jesus Christ’S Name. Amen
Please like, comment, share, follow.
God bless you all.