Hello everyone, today’s post is about encouraging our friends and loved ones in The Lord.
I wonder whether you’ve noticed this, or whether it’s just my imagination, but I have the impression that these days, almost everyone is talking about something negative someone else has said or done.
It looks like we are meditating on people’s flaws, wrongs and evil deeds. We spend more time spreading bad news than good news and people’s “dirty secrets” spread way faster than other people’s good deeds for The Lord.
I think we are unconsciously creating around us an environment of negativity. If we’re always hearing bad news all the time, our brains meditate on what is sad and evil, and we may begin to believe that the condition of the whole world is desperate.
In the midst of all these bad things which happen around us:
- How can we encourage our friends in The Lord?
- How can we encourage their faith and make it real to them that God is still in control and that the situation isn’t that desperate?
- How can we make new and or discouraged believers know that it’s not over yet and that it’s not everyone who’s turning away from God?
- How can we make it clear to our friends and loved ones that evil is not winning over good, and that God still rules the world?
- How can we revive others’ faith by showing that God’s not dead?
I came up with a short list of two things we can do.
1. Spread good news
In such an atmosphere, it is necessary for us as Christians to seek good news and to spread them.
- When last did you share a post on whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter about the advancement of the Gospel in the world?
- When last did you share a post about positive statistics on marriages in the church ?
- When last did you share a post about people who experienced breakthroughs in their lives thanks to God?
When you spread good news, you enlighten people’s faces and you make even more real to them God’s continuous presence here on earth.
Philippians 4:8 KJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
2. Congratulate those who are doing good
It’s not enough to just notice. We also have to encourage, congratulate and celebrate their efforts in The Lord.
It is important for us to look into the lives of our friends and loved ones in order to notice all their nice deeds in The Lord and to bless them, rejoice about it and encourage them.
2 John 1:4 KJV
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
It is our responsibility as brethren Christians to encourage other Christians in The Lord.
Finally, though we aren’t the ones creating the bad news around us, we can counter-attack by spreading good news about God and how He is working in lives of Christians (and Christians-to-be) all over the world. We can also celebrate the efforts of those who are already walking in The Lord. All these serve as an encouragement.
Lord God Almighty, help me meditate on positive, beautiful things, which will increase my faith in You, and push me to encourage others in The Lord. In Jesus Christ’s Name I pray. Amen
Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
Please like, comment, share.