For this little paper I based myself solely on Isaiah 58
- Fasting shouldn’t be to quarrel and to argue (see verse 4)
- Fasting shouldn’t be to hit with a wicked fist (see verse 4)
- God expects true humility from inside, not outwards (see verse 5)
- Loose the bonds of wickedness(see verse 6)
- Let the oppressed go free(verse 6)
- break every yoke( verse 6)
- Share your bread with the hungry; pour yourself out for the hungry (verse 7 and 10)
- satisfy the desire of the afflicted( verse 10)
- Bring the homeless poor into your house;when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh (verse 7)
- Turn back your foot from the Sabbath from doing your pleasure on my holy day,
and call the Sabbath a delight(verse 13)
Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a person to humble himself?Is it to bow down his head like a reed, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him?Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the Lord?
Wish you the best as you fast
God bless you all!!!!